Sunday, April 15, 2018

Art and Fear


1.       Out of the work I have done this semester, my poetry is the most “me”. This is because it is what I have put the most emotions and experiences of my own life into. It is a direct reflection of myself.  
A   A lot of the influences of my work are nature and life experiences. Using nature as a model, I am always able to go outside and find something that inspires me. Life experiences deeply affect my work as I use them as subject matter throughout my work.
3.       Art is a way of communication that anyone can understand. You don’t have to be able to read of speak the same language to understand what the image is trying to convey. It is prevalent because no matter when or where it was made, everyone can understand it and it unites the world.
4.       Art can be made for the individual or an audience. Making art does not need to be made for the world to view, but if it is viewed by the world it can be very impactful. Either way, it is the world around you that inspires the work. People, music, nature, other art, can all inspire more.
5.       I notice that what I think I want to create is never what ends up being made. At the beginning of the semester I wanted to create things that replicated and were inspired by the sky and stars, but I ended making work about myself. My subject matter lays within my own emotions and experiences from life. In my paintings I try to take an abstracted view to represent layers of a person and in my poetry there is a direct relationship between the imagery and word choices and my own life.
6.       I care about the people in my life greatly. I care about who I am as a person and how I got to this point in my life. I care about my dogs and nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Materials: ink on paper "Galileo had already asserted that only those properties of matter that are directly mean amenable to mathem...